Go Longhorns

Go Longhorns

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week 2 Reflection

After reading this week’s reading, chapter two, from Dana's Leading with Passion and Knowledge: The principal as action researcher, the nine areas of concerns started to make more sense to me. While I was identifying the nine areas of concerns and giving examples of an inquiry question, I was able come up with a solid topic for my action research project. The chapter made identifying an area of concern for the project easier, by categorizing the nine different ideas for areas of research. After reading these and looking back over my internship proposal and meeting with my supervisor, we easily came up with the inquiry question required for this week’s assignment. As for the lecture videos, I did not find the first lecture to be helpful, I felt Dr. Johnny Briseno, was vague, and I could not really follow what his lecture was over. I was glad I was able to read his dissertation to help me understand his suggestions. The past two days I have spent in our district ILD training and have met many people that have finished their masters through Lamar and others that are currently in this Research class. Being able to talk to others in person was nice; I enjoyed finally putting a face with several names that I have seen over the past year. It was a real relief to find out that we do not have to reinvent the research wheel, but use ideas that reinforce what we already use in education.

Inquiry action research question
Will the implementation of a proactive and positive school-wide behavior management program have an impact on the number of student discipline referral?

No comments:

Post a Comment